Dr Stephen Kleid, ENT Surgeon, guides you through seven crucial steps in your patient journey from research to outcomes.
Research – Exploring your Procedure
- Your surgical journey begins with researching and learning about your desired procedure.
- Take the time to understand the options available to you and gather information.
Select – Choosing your Surgeon
- Create a shortlist of the Surgeons that you connect with.
- Review their before and after patient photos
- Read about other patients’ experiences online – read independent online reviews and patient forums.
- Always get at least one opinion from an experienced specialist plastic surgeon.
Consult – Your Consultation with Dr Stephen Kleid
- Your First Patient Consultation is typically 60 to 90 minutes duration to professionally assess your concerns and desires and advise impartially as to whether surgery is a suitable option.
- You will have the opportunity to view before and after photos of Dr Kleid’s patients.
- He will also go through the technical components of the procedure, as well as, the major risks and complications that may occur.
- Following the initial consultation, Dr Kleid’s Patient Liaison will provide you with an examination of expected treatment costs, available dates, and scheduling options for you operation (after an appropriate cooling-off period).
- Your Consultation Fee will normally cover all surgery-related consultations, including two pre-operative consultations before surgery and one-year post-operative appointments.
- A Consultation with Dr Stephen Kleid is $600.
- If you wish to book an appointment please phone 1300 599 990 or email our friendly team to make a booking.
Prepare – Decision Making and Pre-operative Assessment
- Before deciding on a surgery date, you need to address important aspects such as;
- Medicare eligibility
- Private health insurance
- And payment options.
- It’s important you take the time to understand the above factors thoroughly.
- Pre-admission exams and advice will be given to you before your operation. This includes;
- Information on your medications
- When not to eat before surgery
- And, what to bring into the hospital.
- If you have allergies, special needs, or a medical condition, you will be seen at a pre-admission clinic to ensure that your visit is as safe as possible.
- Your hospital’s surgery admission papers will be completed, and you will be given precise instructions.
Surgery – at an Accredited Hospital or Procedure in Rooms
- Your Anesthetist and the Hospital Staff will greet you warmly on the day of your procedure.
- Dr Kleid will meet with you again and do precise pre-operative skin markings that will serve as guidance in the operating room.
- Dr Kleid and his competent surgical team will carry out the procedure.
Recovery – Post Operative Healing
- After your procedure is complete, your relatives will be informed, and you will be checked on in the Recovery Room before being taken back to the ward.
- Post-operative care truly begins in the recovery suite, where you will be observed and treated for any discomfort or nausea.
- A dedicated nurse will ensure your comfort and provide you with something to drink or eat.
- If applicable, you will receive intraoperative photographs of the immediate results while in the ward, offering reassurance that everything went well.
- Patients who undergo local anesthesia can usually go home right away. If general anesthesia is administered, you may need to stay for a few hours or overnight.
- During your hospital stay, your surgeon and anesthetist will visit you daily until you’re ready to go home.
- They will check and/or replace your dressing and provide appropriate pain relief.
- Before discharge, you will receive a discharge letter and emergency contact details for peace of mind.
Post-op – Follow-up and Longer-term Results
- Approximately one week after your procedure, a skilled outpatient nurse and/or Dr Kleid will conduct post-operative reviews at the Hawthorn clinic.
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled at six to eight weeks and again at six months.
- If necessary, further sessions can be scheduled beyond this timeframe.
- Dr Stephen Kleid and his team are committed to providing exceptional care throughout your patient journey, ensuring your satisfaction and long-term results.
Why Choose Dr Kleid?
Dr Stephen Kleid,
Dr Stephen Kleid is an experienced ENT Surgeon (Otolaryngologist) based in Melbourne with a passion for Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty and a strong interest in Rhinoplasty Revision.
Dr Kleid’s Procedures
Want more information about your Procedure?
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- We encourage you to bring a friend or family member to accompany you, as they can provide an extra perspective and support throughout the process.
- It is important to take thorough notes and carefully review all the documents provided to you.
The information presented in this article is provided solely for educational and informational purposes. It is not intended to substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult with your physician or qualified healthcare provider regarding any medical condition or concerns you may have. Do not disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice based on the information provided in this article. The author and publisher of this article do not warrant the accuracy, applicability, or completeness of the content, and any reliance on the information presented is at your own discretion and risk.